Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Keeper of Dreams (Book Award Challenge II #2)

I have not always been able to really get in to short stories, but Orson Scott Card is one of my favorite authors and I am glad I picked this one up. Card's 22 short stories run the gamut of science fiction, fantasy, literary work, "Mormon Stories," and two short stories set in the world of the Alvin Maker series. One of the science fiction stories connects to one of my favorite Card books, Pastwatch. One of my favorite components of this collection was Card's notes on where each story came from and how it fits in to the larger body of his work. Card won the Margaret A. Edwards Award in 2008 for his lifetime contribution to YA literature.

1 comment:

TheChicGeek said...

This sounds interesting.
I'm going to have to check it out. You have a very nice blog :)