Thursday, December 11, 2008

Magic Study (YA Challenge #12)

I enjoyed Maria Snyder's sequel to Poison Study almost as
much as I liked Poison Study itself. Yelena Xaltana has been exiled from Ixia and is now studying magic at the Magician's Citadel in Sitia. She has been given a year to harness her magic or be killed. As she discovers the extent of her magical talents, a series of brutal murders, the hatred of her brother, and the clandestine arrival of her lover Valek complicate her training.
I often find the middle book of a triology difficult to get through; however, this one was definitely a page turner. Yelena's relationship with Valek adds the perfect amount of romance to a story that contains some pretty intense violence. I was definitely ready to get to the third book once I finished this one.

No comments: