Friday, May 29, 2009

Nick and Norah's Infinate Playlist

I wanted to love this book. I really liked the premise and I like some of Rachel Cohn's other books but I could not stand reading the F bomb over and over and over. It was used as a noun, and adjective, and a verb. Sometimes both in the same sentence. Lots of time emphasized by bold and italics. I know it was to catch that true teen vibe and that's fine. But to me it just felt like bad writing. I mean, if a different non-cuss word was used that often on every page I would be irritated by that too. I made it through the first three chapters and just got too bugged to continue. Which is a bummer because I was totally excited to read it. So, this will remain an unfinished book unless by a miracle some day someone wants to send a censored copy my way. :)

No comments: