Thursday, September 11, 2008

Evernight

Evernight is the first in a series of four novels by Claudia Gray about vampires. The fact that it is a four book series about vampires isn't the only thing that reminds me of the Twilight series. Bianca and her parents move to Evernight, a presitious boarding school, for her parents to teach. Bianca feels like she doesn't fit in with the all too beautiful crowd but is immediately attacted to Lucas, a boy who doesn't seem to fit in either. Lucas warns Bianca to be careful...he feels there is something sinister at Evernight but can't exactly figure out what. Well there certainly is out of the ordinary at Evernight - vampires.

Having read Twilight already, the similiaries were abundant and the differences almost threw me at times. I liked this book. I didn't love it but I liked it. There were times when the conversation was just too much. However, Gray throws some amazing twists in her story that I totally didn't see coming and I bet no one else did either.

No comments: